Project Manager (Seattle)
Life at PE
Perkins Eastman is a global design firm with expertise that covers all aspects of the built environment. With studios in 22 locations worldwide, we design to enhance the human experience and leave a lasting and positive impact on people’s lives and the world we inhabit.
VIA – A Perkins Eastman Studio is a strategic architectural and planning studio of Perkins Eastman with offices in Seattle, Oakland and Vancouver, BC. Highly networked across its offices, VIA is a highly interactive practice concentrated in urban planning, transit systems planning and the design of urban mixed-use developments. Our systems-level sustainable design strategies and community-based design studio set us apart from traditional architectural practice.
VIA is is seeking a Project Manager based in our Seattle office. We are interested in exceptional candidates with strong analytical and communication skills who are passionate and involved in community building at all scales. This person will work within our multidisciplinary team to provide management and leadership primarily on multi-family residential projects but ability to apply those skills to commercial and public transit projects is desirable.
- Participate in project work plan and schedule development, including fee and budget requirements.
- Multi-tasking to allow for development of concurrent project work.
- Be a strong advocate for the Client’s financial and schedule goals for the project.
- Participate in negotiating and development of contractual agreements with the Owner and consulting team members.
- Early and proactive alignment with Authorities Having Jurisdiction.
- Coordinate and participate with business development team members, as necessary.
- Implement quality control and technical assurance protocols.
- Lead the project through all phases of development.
- Communicate regularly with Operations staff regarding the financial health of the project.
- Establish transparent communication protocols, to assure well-coordinated documentation of the project.
- Mentor younger staff within the team.
- Minimum Bachelor of Architecture degree
- Minimum of 10 to 15 years of project management experience, preferably with multi-family and transportation projects.
- LEED-accredited preferred.
- Dedicated team player, excellent communicator, possessing demonstrated skill at management of technically complex projects.
- Passion for high quality design and sustainable design. Experience with sustainable building rating systems an asset.
- Strong experience in the management of documentation created in Revit 3D Building Information Modeling.
- Skill in the management and coordination of project documentation
- Broad spectrum of project type and delivery method experience.
- Strong leadership and team management skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills\
- Well versed in MS Office Suite.
- Must possess the ability to apply critical thinking, influence, and decision making within a team structure.
How to Apply
If you would like to join a dynamic, energized, innovative and collaborative environment, where your ideas will be heard and your skills challenged, please visit our career page and apply with your cover letter, resume and/or portfolio (Adobe PDF preferred). No phone calls please.
Link: Human By Design!
Perkins Eastman is an affirmative action, equal opportunity employer and a participant in the U.S. Federal E-Verify program. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.