Project Architect (Seattle)
Life at PE
Perkins Eastman is a global design firm with expertise that covers all aspects of the built environment. With studios in 22 locations worldwide, we design to enhance the human experience and leave a lasting and positive impact on people’s lives and the world we inhabit.
VIA – A Perkins Eastman Studio is a strategic architectural and planning studio of Perkins Eastman with offices in Seattle, Oakland and Vancouver, BC. Highly networked across its offices, VIA is a highly interactive practice concentrated in urban planning, transit systems planning and the design of urban mixed-use developments. Our systems-level sustainable design strategies and community-based design studio set us apart from traditional architectural practice.
VIA is seeking a Project Architect based in our Seattle office. We are interested in exceptional candidates with strong analytical and communication skills who are passionate and involved in community building at all scales. This person will work within our multidisciplinary team to coordinate and document multifamily residential and commercial projects with the opportunity to participate in public-sector infrastructure and urban design projects in the future.
- Lead/assists a project team in development of the aesthetic and technical design and the preparation of architectural design and construction documents including drawings and specifications.
- Keeps Project Manager and Principal in Charge informed of progress or need for assistance
- Work in conjunction with the Project Architect who is responsible for the project.
- Collaborates with or serves as the Project Designer for the design of the project.
- Participate in Master Planning, Site Planning and Building Design exercises.
- Develop and document design concepts and unique technical details.
- Perform building code reviews to assure compliance.
- Assist in the production effort on projects from the Pre-Schematic Phase through Construction Documents.
- Coordinate the work of Consultants, reviewing and developing technical details and strategies that advance high performance design and systems integration, in support of sustainable design certifications.
- Mentor junior staff.
- Supervise or have the responsibility of the construction administration phase
- Minimum Bachelor of Architecture degree
- Minimum of 5 to 10 years of experience.
- Dedicated team player, excellent communicator, possessing demonstrated skill at the execution of technically complex projects.
- Strong skills in architectural design, documentation, and illustration.
- Fluency in Revit 3D Building Information Modeling.
- Skill in the management and coordination of project documentation and preparation of graphic presentation material.
- Strong experience in the management of collaborative design disciplines, including integrated project delivery experience.
- Thorough familiarity with the technical considerations involved in coordinating and executing Type 1 concrete high-rise residential buildings and also experience with Type 5 wood frame projects.
- Passion for high quality sustainable design. Experience with sustainable building rating systems an asset.
- Strong analytical and communication skills who are passionate and involved in community building at all scales.
- Registered architect required
- LEED AP preferred
How to Apply
If you would like to join a dynamic, energized, innovative and collaborative environment, where your ideas will be heard and your skills challenged, please visit our career page and apply with your cover letter, resume and/or portfolio (Adobe PDF preferred). No phone calls please.
Link: Human By Design!
Perkins Eastman is an affirmative action, equal opportunity employer and a participant in the U.S. Federal E-Verify program. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.