Our cities are growing rapidly, and the ways we move through them are quickly evolving. VIA – A Perkins Eastman Studio is committed to being at the forefront of these innovations. We provide meaningful place-based solutions to large-scale infrastructure, contributing to urban design, architecture and planning for a broad variety of public and private sector clients on the West Coast.
Our Oakland practice is a strategic architectural and planning studio, highly networked across west coast offices in Seattle, San Francisco, Vancouver BC and Los Angeles. Our integrated Transportation and Infrastructure practice focuses on designing, delivering and advising our clients on how to achieve the highest quality urban infrastructure – from the streets, bridges and transit systems that connect us, to the buildings and spaces between.
We are seeking candidates for an Intermediate Architect/Urban Design who will be based in our 15-person downtown Oakland studio. This position would work on a variety of projects throughout the west coast with a focus on northern California in transit facilities, planning, strategy and infrastructure.
- 5-7 years of experience with an urban design, architecture or planning focus
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree required
- Cross disciplinary mind-set
- Ability to lead tasks for complex public projects
- Passion for transit facilities, public realm, and systems thinking
- Love for mobility and city-building: pedestrians, rail, bus, bike
- Organized and self-directed– with an interest in growing project management skills
- Experience in producing a variety of illustrated concepts for high scrutiny external audiences; a love for storytelling about design solutions
- Facility with project software such as: Revit, Rhino, Grasshopper, Adobe Suites, GIS
Salary $85,000-$92,000 commensurate with qualifications and experience.
How to Apply
If you would like to join a dynamic, energized, innovative and collaborative environment, where your ideas will be heard and your skills challenged, please contact the email below and apply with your cover letter, resume and/or portfolio (Adobe PDF preferred). No phone calls please.
Send to: K.Howe@perkinseastman.com
Perkins Eastman is an affirmative action, equal opportunity employer and a participant in the U.S. Federal E-Verify program. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.