Senior Transportation Architect
Life at PE
Perkins Eastman is a global design firm with expertise that covers all aspects of the built environment. With studios in 22 locations worldwide, we design to enhance the human experience and leave a lasting and positive impact on people’s lives and the world we inhabit.
Our cities are growing rapidly, and the ways we move through them are quickly evolving. VIA – A Perkins Eastman Studio is committed to being at the forefront of these innovations. We provide meaningful place-based solutions to large-scale infrastructure, contributing to urban design, architecture and planning for a broad variety of public sector clients on the West Coast.
Our Vancouver practice is a strategic architectural and planning studio, highly networked across west coast offices in Seattle, San Francisco Bay Area, and Los Angeles. Our integrated Transportation and Infrastructure practice focuses on designing, delivering and advising our clients on how to achieve the highest quality urban infrastructure – from the streets, bridges and transit systems that connect us, to the buildings and spaces between.
We are currently seeking candidates for a Senior Transportation Architect based in our downtown Vancouver, BC office. This position would work on a variety of public projects, and would lead teams, and coordinate with other design disciplines to complete projects.
- Strategic leadership of Infrastructure and Transit market pursuits and projects
- Project management and design team leadership
- Client care and communication
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree required
- Minimum of 10 years professional practice in the transportation sector
- Architectural registration, AIBC preferred
- Expertise in transit systems such as: passenger amenities, ancillary structures and facilities, shelters, vertical transportation etc
- Expert in building construction systems, means and methods, materials, and industry associated standards
- Strong background and love designing for mobility: pedestrians, rail, bus, bike
- Experience with design/build projects and infrastructure delivery practices
- Experience supporting entitlement programs
- Experience in technical and construction details and directing CADD/REVIT team to produce drawings/models and documentation
- Extensive experience with project software: Revit, Bluebeam, MS Project
How to Apply
If you would like to join a dynamic, energized, innovative and collaborative environment, where your ideas will be heard and your skills challenged, please visit our career page for more information and click on the link below to apply with your cover letter, resume and/or portfolio (Adobe PDF preferred). No phone calls or office visits please.
Link: Human by Design!
For more information about VIA, please visit our website at www.via-architecture.com. For more information about Perkins Eastman, please visit www.perkinseastman.com